Thanks for visiting! You'll find a little bit of everything on our blog - movie & TV reviews, life advice, some receipes and much, much more...

Saturday, August 30, 2014

Forever


Where to begin...

Some may have been wondering what has happened to the beloved Time Worthy Tuesdays. I am here to explain that life has come up with some crazy twists and turns in the life of the fabulous five female friends. In short Marriage, Australia, College Graduation, Graduate School, College in General, Numerous Jobs, and Work Wiping butts has taken over our TOTALLY Time Worthy Tuesdays in the past year.

Is this a close to a chapter in our lives? I would hope to say no but maybe it is. Maybe we won't have a regular Tuesday get together with Melissa and Joey, but I know that no matter where the roads of life take us we will always find our way back to each other. For instance though one of our members has been MIA (Missing In Australia) for the past many months and another has been MIM (Missing in Marriage) we found four of the fabulous five in Florida skyping over the blessed internet with one in Australia last month. Evidence of the fact that no matter where we go or what the world sends our way our friendship goes deeper than distance. Laughing about "guchies" quoting the Ringer or How to lose a Guy in 10 days, reminiscing about previous vacations, and talking in accents, we gathered around a computer and met together once again like nothing has changed. But oh so much has changed!

 Life has arrived and it isn't stopping to leave us time for TTWT but Life has blessed us with friendships that will never be lost.


I wish the world could understand the blessing we five have. No matter where I go, single and free, married with kids, helping the needy, traveling the world, I have four best friends that know me inside and out. They know how to make me laugh and they know how to make me cry. I have no masks when I am with them. I am free to be myself and I am most myself when acting ridiculously or crying in their arms with tubs of ice cream and wine. They bring out the best in me. So many times I catch myself looking to God saying "where are my friends?" or "why am I single" or living in this fear of losing a friends when I am away.

 



Then I am reminded of the four people in my life that will be there through the good and the bad for the rest of my life. That's no assumption that's a fact.





 How do I know? How do we know that? Because these girls have been there for everything. Starting with every birthday party, to ridiculous skits, weeks spent at Grandma's, breakups, crushes, family deaths, tragic losses, huge celebrations. They have never missed anything. Did they have to come? Yes. Did they have to be my best friends? No. And that is what keeps us together. That is what reassures me and reminds me that in Life as fast as it comes and as quick as it changes. I will never be alone not only because of the God that loves me but because of the four fabulous females he has placed permanently in my life to encourage, inspire, pick me up when I fall, and carry me when I'm too broken to carry myself.

They say two are better than one, a chord of three strands is not easily broken. We have nothing to fear girls. We have each other. Let the storms come, we've made it through them before with each other and we will make it through every tornado and hurricane that comes our way and we will celebrate the sunshiney days together as they come too.



 

So here's to never ending 
Totally Time Worthy Tuesdays.
They may not happen on Tuesday's but our friendships are Totally Time Worthy.




Where to begin... begin anywhere because with these girls from 
here to heaven our friendships will never end.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh girl, the student has surpassed the teacher :) I couldn't have said it better myself.

    ReplyDelete